RSS Question

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Noob. Can someone please tell me what RSS reader is/does specifically and how to get one? From what Ive gathered by reading tons of posts, its a live news feed yes? Do I have to download a widget to have this? Do I have to have a special home page program or DXtop? If you have a RSS (which ive only seen in thread where people post pics of their screens) is it something that shows up constantly on your page like the clock or home page icons but updates like a ticker?

TIA. Hope my post makes sense:rolleyes:

jes

snooginsguy

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Rss feeds are basically blog posts etc that your rss reader will fetch automatically, so in a sense they are like live news feeds, depending upon which feed you subscribe to. Google reader is an rss reader. You can try it out by opening your google account on your computer and go to more > Reader. There are probably some default feeds in there already, as well as instructions on how to add more. Try adding the androidcentral.com forum feed for a start. Once you set it up you'll be able to read the feeds from your phone, computer, whatever.

Hope that helps a little.

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! So once I set it up on my computer, will I have to go into gmail on my Droid to make the feeds come up on my home screens?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon