Where is Google pulling my wallpaper from?

A

AC Question

I just booted up a new phone (Nexus 6) and when I loaded my google account, there was already a custom wallpaper added -- one of my personal photos. Problem is, it's not a photo I selected, and I have no idea where google got it from, as I don't have any photos on any cloud services under them, or any other for that matter. Can someone tell me where android phones pull wallpapers from when they're first booted and how to stop this from happening?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever had that picture as a background on another device? Are you using a third-party launcher?

Are you sure you have no pictures saved in Google photos or Picasa which is now linked to Google photos? If you have a G+ account, any pictures posted on there is on the Google servers.

Anjon

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
< TC. I've never had this photo as a background before to my knowledge, but it's possible I might have accidentally applied it at some point and removed it. I don't have any photos on Google Photos or Picasa. After changing it, I've tried going back and applying it to see if it would tell me where the photo is stored, but it doesn't appear on the device, even in the "Recent wallpapers" tab. The only other android device I use also doesn't have the photo, nor does my old phone.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
< TC. I've never had this photo as a background before to my knowledge, but it's possible I might have accidentally applied it at some point and removed it. I don't have any photos on Google Photos or Picasa. After changing it, I've tried going back and applying it to see if it would tell me where the photo is stored, but it doesn't appear on the device, even in the "Recent wallpapers" tab. The only other android device I use also doesn't have the photo, nor does my old phone.

Hi, welcome to AC and thanks for registering :) what is the image?

Anjon

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The image is just a photo of me and some friends around my house, but it bothers me that this photo just appeared as my wallpaper on a brand new phone without any input from me, or knowing why or how it did.

Anjon

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I indeed restored data from my account, but that photo isn't used as a wallpaper on any of my devices that share that data. Is it possible that if I accidentally applied it as my wallpaper at some point, it would save that and carry it over to other devices even if it's been changed on the original ones? At this point, that's the only explanation I can think of. Another bit of info: I've been using the Universal Remote app (full version), and when I go to the Quick Actions tab, the photo displays there too. I've not been able to figure out where that app draws its images from either.