Hi,

I'm having a really hard time understanding the battery usage app. Basically, when I open it, it breaks down battery usage per app. However, if I add up the percentage used per app it never adds up to how much battery the phone has actually used. Here's an example:

- 76% battery remaining
    - Google services used 6% of the battery
    - Phone idle used 3% of the battery
    - Android OS used 2% of the battery
    - Android system used 1% of the battery
    - Runkeeper used 1% of the battery

That's a total of 13% of battery used, yet the phone has 76% left. Where is the extra 11% being used?

This is not a device issue since I see it on all my Nexus devices - 5, 6 and 6P. My buddy who has a Note 4 is saying he sees the same. I started seeing this back when Lollipop came out. I decided to ignore until now. I really don't get it. Can someone shed some light?

Much appreciated!
    12-28-2015 05:08 PM
    The figures indicate the percentage used by each app, of the total charge used. In the example you give, 24% has been used; Google Services has used 6% of 24%; Phone Idle has used 3% of 24%; and so on.

This explains it much better:
    [How To] Read your Battery Stats.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=441906
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-2015 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply belodion. However, it still is not making sense to me. You mention that 24% has been used; Google Services has used 6% of 24%; Phone Idle has used 3% of 24%; and so on. Right. That would mean that if I add all the %s they should add up to 24%. But that is not the case. In the example above, I add them and it only adds up to 13% of battery used by those apps. There's an extra 11% that was used and is not being displayed there. That is where my confusion begins. The % used per app *never* adds up to the % of battery the phone has used.

Any advice?
    12-30-2015 02:11 PM
    You also need to figure things like backlight/pixel intensity of the display, and radio power for cell, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. The battery usage stats are only for app usage and don't generally include non-app sources of battery drain. That's most likely where the missing percentages are going.
    Laura Knotek and belodion like this.
    12-30-2015 02:21 PM
    OP, I see your point now, but I think Mooncatt has explained how it works.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2015 06:44 PM