(using a Samsung Galaxy S3)
    Seems just about Every Android slo-mo app I've tried sucks. None come close to the true slow motion video I've seen on iPhones.

On Android, I've tried SloPro, another called Slow Motion Video & a few others I can't recall now, but currently have Slow Motion Video FX installed. That one is OK so far, but still not *quite* as smooth, seamless & clean as what I've seen on the iPhone. There're dozens of slow mo app options for Androids, but many have lower ratings.

All of mine turn out slowed but slightly blurry & I understand it also may have something to do with the frames per second.
    Any recommendations?
    12-28-2015 10:45 PM
    I don't think you can get very good slow motion effects unless the phone's hardware allows it....the frames-per-second that can be recorded, as you say.
    12-29-2015 06:04 AM
    Well, that's disappointing.
    I gotta assume the more recent models can do it(?) I really don't want to give in to getting an iPhone.
    12-29-2015 07:37 AM
    Most, if not all recent Android models do indeed offer stock slow motion recording, but so far I've only seen it at 720p @ 120fps. Not sure how that compares to the iPhone, but it makes a .25x speed video played back at the standard 30fps. Because you're essentially recording at 4 times the normal frame rate, it takes a lot more processing power. That's why something like the S3 can't do it even with a third party app.
    12-29-2015 09:09 AM
    Gotcha. Siiigh....Well, that's good to know then. I'd been entertaining the idea of upgrading to a newer one recently, so we'll see. Guess it'd be safe to probably get an S4 or s5.
    12-29-2015 09:24 AM