I went to charge my PRESTIGIO MULTIPAD tablet and the charger wouldn't go into the charging port. I tried again with other chargers but they didn't work. Eventually, I got one in but it didn't charge or stay in. The same thing happened with the other chargers.
    12-30-2015 03:16 PM
    Are you saying the USB cables physically fit, but don't lock in place or make good contact to charge? Over time, both ports and cables can wear out. Usually the little teeth like prongs on the USB plug get weak and no longer hold it in place. Since you already tried multiple cables, were any of them new? If not, then I'd suggest getting a new one to try. If a new one acts the same, then the port is likely worn out and needs to be replaced.

If the cables can't even fit in the port, then check the port for foreign objects. Just be careful cleaning it and don't stick anything metal in it to prevent shorting it out.
    12-30-2015 05:59 PM
    Are you saying the USB cables physically fit, but don't lock in place or make good contact to charge? Over time, both ports and cables can wear out. Usually the little teeth like prongs on the USB plug get weak and no longer hold it in place. Since you already tried multiple cables, were any of them new? If not, then I'd suggest getting a new one to try. If a new one acts the same, then the port is likely worn out and needs to be replaced.

If the cables can't even fit in the port, then check the port for foreign objects. Just be careful cleaning it and don't stick anything metal in it to prevent shorting it out.
    I agree, over time those teeth tend to wear out, another question should be does the tab actually charge or it's getting partial contact?

Posted via INFINIX X507
    01-01-2016 12:44 AM