Hello everyone!

I've tried searching, but didn't find a thread dedicated to this issue, so hopefully someone would be able to help. I have this very peculiar problem with my Android phone. It started sometime in November 2015. Apps started crashing all of a sudden. First it was only one or two, but later it was a whole avalanche of continuing messages of all the apps crashing. And therefore I couldn't do anything with the phone anymore, so I've always just restarted it. Then it worked for like a week or so and it started again. Later, it sometimes froze right after loading the main screen or even during the Android sound at the start.

So I sent the phone over to repair and after a month of waiting, they sent it back to me with only the battery changed, which of course didn't help at all. Now, I am convinced it is a software problem. I've googled a bit and found a very similar issue on droid-life (dot) com. Apparently I can't post links here so if you just search "apps-crashing-android-system-webview", you're gonna find it.

But it's quite old (end of April 2015) and even if I wanted to use the fix they suggested, there is no app called "Android System Webview" in my phone anyway. Any help would be appreciated, guys!

Info
    ALCATEL One Touch 6040D
    Android version: 4.4.3
    I have automated updates, so the phone is up-to-date.

PS: If it'll help I could make a video of my phone doing all these crazy stuff.
    01-08-2016 07:51 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a reset?
    01-08-2016 09:01 AM
    Hey, thanks. Yes, I've tried it, didn't help. Moreover, it started crashing right after the reset, before I was able to install any new apps.

Actually, I was wondering if I could completely uninstall the OS and install it back again (maybe even a different version). Is that even possible?
    01-08-2016 03:15 PM
    For some phones, that is a possibility. The first thing you would need is the stock ROM files for your model. Do you have those?
    01-09-2016 04:08 PM