How do I change the default storage of new apps from SD card to Main storage???

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo 2 with an SD memory card. I want new apps to be stored in main storage versus SD card. Is there a setting somewhere that I set default storage for new apps from the app store???? It appears that when I install new apps some go the main storage and some to the SD card.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The app itself is probably being installed to main storage, but some apps will create folders on the SD card to save data. The app may have a setting that allows you to change where it saves its data.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
The app itself is probably being installed to main storage, but some apps will create folders on the SD card to save data. The app may have a setting that allows you to change where it saves its data.

Hmm but in settings, under apps, I have a list of apps that says they are stored on the SD card. Yet when I touch one of the apps in the settings menu it gives me the option to move it the SD card. So, are you saying that the apps listed on the SD card really aren't and that they only store data there??? If so that's pretty confusing...

Lazar Skoko

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Go to "Settings", in the "Device" section find "Storage" section, in "Storage" section there will be "Default storage location", click on that and choose "SD card".
Every new app installed after that will be on SD card, every dowbload will be saved on sd card, every photo taken will be on sd card.
Keep in mind, some apps might work slower from sd card than that is the case when they start from phone memory. Also, you will have duplicate folders in your gallery, eg. Downloads (one for downloads from phone memory, one from sd card).

Hope this was helpful: :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol