My Hipstreet tablet tells me I have no storage, when I know that there is.

bcmuffn

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Hipstreet tablet with 16 gigs of storage... using about 4 to 6 gigs and I'm stuck. There is very little on my tablet in the way of Apps and can't even update what I have, without that annoying message coming up, telling me "there is insufficient storage".
Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That 16GB is partitioned for various uses. There's a system partition, an app partition, etc., etc. You're out of space on userdata - so even if there's space left on other partitions, you can't use it for apps and data. (Some manufacturers do a good job of designing th partitioning so that you have the maximum amount of starage they can give you - some manufacturers aren't that good at it.)

bcmuffn

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat.. So what I'm hearing is, I'm S#%t out of luck !
I was so hoping for a good easy fix.. That really sucks. Next time I'll ask more questions before buying something like this. Thanks again for your input..

bcmuffn

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm still looking for a fix ! Would anyone else have an ideal or solution ? Can this tablet be repartitioned to make use of all that memory ? This is so frustrating !

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, unfortunately, even for the popular devices, no one writes repartitioned ROMs. You just accept the partitioning the manufacturer uses. (It's not like a hard drive, where it's easy to repartition things.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol