Troubleshooting for Galaxy s5

Simon Winter

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I don't know if this is the right place to post this; if it isn't where else could I get help?

For the past 3 days, my s5 has been doing this thing, where it has massive lag for a couple minutes, then completely freezes before I can do anything else, and nothing works except the power button to put it into sleep mode. When I turn it on, each time I don't get a lock screen or anything, just a black screen with the little black notification bar at the top, (this is also totally frozen. For example, if I plug my phone in, it doesn't show up on the battery icon). Nothing works, except the power button to put it back into sleep mode. The only way I could figure out to turn it off, was to take out the battery, then put it back in, an turn the phone back on. This cycle happened 4 or 5 times each day, today, yesterday, and Tuesday. It was obnoxious, but I figured it was just an android quirk, and it would eventually 'go away'. It did not. This afternoon, after removing the battery, the phone would not turn on, or vibrate, or do anything else. It has been charging for six hours. What caused this, and can I fix it?

I do not have any form of warranty on the phone.

This is a standard Galaxy s5, except:

-broken microUSB flap thing, (Yes, I know. The phone isn't waterproof anymore. It has been broken for ~a month, I was going to replace it eventually. The phone has not been near water, although it might have been affected by humidity.)
-3rd party battery from ebay. I've had this for about 6 months. I don't know if it could be affecting the problem.
-32 gig sd card, bought from Samsung, (2-3 months old)

PLEASE HELP! I can't afford to get a new phone. Thank you so much!

jacoblee5106

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I also have this same problem, exactly as you mentioned it, started happening at the same time. After looking into it there are others with the same problem as well. It turns out that removing the SD card will allow the phone to function properly for some reason so you could try that. Does anyone know what is causing this to happen? My SD card is a 64GB SanDisk that is fairly new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton