"Can't Move App" to my SD card? (Not because of storage space.)

A

AC Question

Apps like Kritika: The White Knights, Skype, Minion Rush and Juice Jam always have a problem with moving to my SD card. Some apps move over with ease, others give me trouble. It annoys me because I had Kritika on my SD card before on the same device (but I had to uninstall blablahblah).
I checked my storage space for my SD card, and I have 4GB of space left, but the apps still don't move over. I get "Can't move app" or it stays on "moving". I eventually got one of my apps to move somehow, but the rest never do anything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most apps won't run from the SD card (no widget will). Many "developers" don't check their app to see if it runs when moved (or don't know to check it - they just plug controls into an app-builder app and think they're done), so they just release it allowing you to move it, and when you try, you may or may not have problems, depending on the device. (Developers who know that their app won't run from the card disable the "Move" button so you can't even try to move the app.)