looking desperately for a tablet

velvetuser

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I am a little bit confused where to put my questions so please excuse me if i choose wrong section.

Some info about me,
I am a school teacher and books are very heavy, fortunately most of them are excist in Pdf's
so i am trying to leave it in home and work with the class with a tablet and pdf files.
I need to open the lessons in a big screen - like 10 inches - and keep some small notes in each chapter.
E.g. today i teach this pages by this and this day, or this paragraph is for the next exams.
Little and small notes or maybe underline somes lines. (pdf's are approximately50-100 mb)
Of course finally, all these changes must save for later uses.

My questions is that i dont know what i need - what to buy.
I need a simple tablet about 100 euro? and some addional software?
Or something else?

Anybody can help me with all this mess? :confused:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be difficult to find a good 10" tablet for that price brand new, so you may want to look at refurbished or used tablets. Stick with well-known manufacturers like Samsung, Acer, and ASUS. Do NOT be tempted by the off-brand or no-name devices direct from China--they often have poor quality hardware, defective software, and no support.

The native software usually doesn't have a PDF reader that allows notation, so you'd need to install a 3rd party app. Try Xodo PDF Reader & Editor.

velvetuser

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy thanks for your response.
Firstly i install XODO to my smartphone in order to check it out, test it if it meets my requirements.

So lets have a scenario,
XODO is fine for what i want.
What requirements should have my tablet, so i can work easy with all this??
2 mb ram and 16 mb rom plus a good tf card - lets say 32 gb - is ok to work with 100 mb pdf files?
do i need something more? do i take care for something extra?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the tablet for basic things like PDF viewing/editing, browsing, and email, then you don't need any more than 2 GB of RAM. ROM (Internal Storage) is where the device installs apps to, so if you want to install a lot of apps or big apps, the more Internal Storage you have, the better. 16 GB of Internal Storage, usually means about 10-11 GB available to you--the system always has to use anywhere from 4-6 GB of Internal Storage. The microSD card is primarily for storing media (like music, photos, videos) or documents--you can't really install apps to the microSD card. 10-11 GB of Internal Storage is probably enough for the basic user, but apps keep getting bigger and bigger (due to more features)(or inefficient coding), so it's always a good idea to get as much Internal Storage as you can afford.

velvetuser

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
thanks again :)

So i am ok!

And my last question,
with a tablet like the one we are discussing now, if i am take separately a normal pen which cost 5-10 usd,
i can use it for making notes in Xodo, right?
I install before an hour in my smartphone and i was able to use it with my finger.
So i suppose i can use a pen to add some stuff in a pdf....
Like small shapes, a date etc.

Am i correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A stylus simply acts as a substitute for your finger. Styli that have additional functions (like the Samsung S Pen) are only compatible with certain tablets (mostly the Samsung Note series, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab A).

But yes, you can use any stylus to draw shapes (which you can also do with your finger).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad