GT-I9300. Kies emergency firmware recovery code is blank, is there anything I can do?

A

AC Question

GT-I9300. Kies emergency firmware recovery code is blank

my battery perished in the phone (went all bloaty) and of course caused issues..

After trying far too many things which didn't work, I ended up trying to do an emergency firmware recovery. When it got to the bit where it displays the recovery code, the box was blank so I ended up cancelling it and trying again but the code was still blank.

Now when I plug the phone into the pc it comes up with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue...." and suggests I use Kies - the problem is that of course there's no recovery code!

So I seem to be stuck. Is there anything I can do? Odin doesn't really seem to be recognising the phone properly, kies can't recover and I can't find any options via google.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

xx maybe me xx

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you rooted? Using the australian understanding of the term, the phone certainly is! however, if you mean have it been hacked to override the normal settings = no..
Are you using the correct USB cable? define correct. If you mean the original one, I doubt it since I've had this phone since they first came out (back in 2012?).
Are you running Kies as Administrator? yes

I know I sound a bit pedantic but there's a lot of unstated knowledge assumptions there so I just want to make sure I clarify what you're looking for.

This is what I get when I try to do the firmware upgrade & initialisation and of course I can't do the recovery because there's no code upgrade-failure.jpg

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for clarifying things. Kies wont work on a rooted device even though it may not have a custom rom. Your only option is to track down the exact firmware for your device (sammobile) snd flash it using odin. There are many good tutorials on the net.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12