Are there any Android phones out there that allow you to start an app from the password lock screen?

A

AC Question

Are there any android phones out there that allow you to start an app from the password lock screen?

I would really like the option to start my video recorder app(s) from the password lock screen on my note 2 but after doing a fair amount of research on both google and T-Mobile's customer support I can't find a way to start an app (Specifically a video recording app) from the password lock screen.
I would really like the ability to do this because sometimes when I'm pulled over by police I prefer to record my interactions with them in case they try to do anything illegal to me. I have a note 2 and that is protected by a fifteen word password and it takes a bit to get into my phone and start video recording. Also I don't want the police officer to snatch the phone out of my hand while I'm selecting the video recording app. I'm aware that their are secret video recording apps out there but I would really like a video recording app that I can start at the password lock screen to reduce the amount of steps, clicks and time it takes to start recording. Time is of the essence when it comes to recording police encounters.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get an app, specifically a video recording app, that can be activated via the password lock screen? Is this possible? Or maybe I should make one... :p

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Are there any android phones out there that allow you to start an app from the password lock scr

Hi, how many times are you pulled over by the Police that such an option is required? Most new phones from 2015 have quick launch settings to activate the camera / video recorder from the lock screen. The S6 has a double tap on the home button and it will load the camera up from the lock screen, the Moto X Pure has a twist feature to activate the camera from the lock screen, the Nexus 5x has a double tap on the power button to launch the camera from the lock screen ...... the majority of phones now come with this feature, and yes it can be loaded with a locked screen.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Are there any android phones out there that allow you to start an app from the password lock scr

Hi, not sure about the Note 5 as I haven't used it, but the Note 4 has the camera short cut on the lock screen which can be accessed by swiping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12