Restoring my calendar to Samsung after reset, how can I do this?

1amarie4

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Restoring "my calendar" to samsung after reset

Hi,
My phone is unrooted and I don't want to root it (Im not that technically savvy)

I recently was running out of storage and my phone was slow so I dragged and dropped all files of my phone onto my laptop, to store, both the phone and card files.

I then factory reset the phone.

My calendar is missing most of my entries from many years.
I did have google calendar on there, and Samsung, and facebook - originally, however I think maybe the entries were entered as "my calendar" - as default, and I don't remember ever changing this.

Does this mean that "my calendar" is not tied to the Samsung account? OR is it that the files are stored on the phone?
Or is there no way of getting them back??

I find it hard to believe that the default entry for a calendar entry goes to "my calendar" which would not be synced, even when I have synced my phone regularly?

Apologies in advance for any of my naivety.

I work away and have all of my life on here, plus there are a lot of personal past events with somebody that is no longer with us, and so I would really really appreciate any help getting these back.

Thanks so much

Scarlette

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restoring "my calendar" to samsung after reset

Welcome to Android Central! Events that you enter are typically saved to either your Google account (which syncs automatically with your Google Calendar in the cloud--the best and safest method) or the Phone/Device account (sometimes called "My Calendar"), which is only locally saved and often doesn't sync anywhere (although it might sync to your Samsung account). It's possible that there might be a Samsung account calendar that's separate from the Phone account calendar--different phones may do things differently. If you've already logged into your Samsung account on the phone and the events aren't showing up, then they weren't synced to Samsung.

Whenever you create an event, you should always check the top of the event entry screen, where it tells you which account the event will be saved to. Events saved to the local Phone account are stored in a database stored in a system directory, which means that file wouldn't have been accessible to you when you were trying to backup the phone prior to the reset. If the events were in the Phone account and weren't synced to a Samsung account, then they're gone--sorry!