I work for a training center, and we're looking to purchase some android tablets to use in the classroom. As they'd need to be cleared every day, I thought using a script would take care of most of the hard work deleting the files in the camera/DCIM/downloads directories via ADB would do the trick but it's not really working out as I'd of hoped.

I'm being left with 'thumbnails' when I goto the gallery or the downloads apps. Clearing the cache/data doesn't seem to get rid of this stuff either. Was wondering where else to maybe look?

Option two might be to unlock the bootloader and push out a new rom once a day but currently hoping to avoid that step.
    01-21-2016 10:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try deleting the /DCIM/.thumbnails contents as well. If you don't see it, you might have to set the file manager to show hidden folders.
    01-21-2016 11:38 AM
    I tried that already, there is something elsewhere that shows up...
    01-21-2016 12:45 PM
    Apps can generate folders to cache images. Select the images you still see in the Gallery app and look at the Information--does it tell you the directory where the images are located?
    01-21-2016 01:17 PM
    (Try deleting a file in ADB shell from the downloads or pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about)

The properties say should be...but the file is gone. Happens on the Lenovo Yoga tablet I'm messing with as well as my own phone(Moto X 2nd Gen)

On a side note...I've looked and looked, but is there an app I can schedule deleting files with on a regular basis? I can't be the only one here...I would think something should exist I don't need to jump through hoops on this with.
    01-21-2016 01:26 PM
    Deleting the files with an ADB command, then clearing the app cache:

adb.exe -s ABCDEF shell pm clear com.android.gallery3d

Then sending a command to reboot the device did the trick. Holy crap!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:22 PM