Why is my Headset music stop/start so unpredictable?

A

AC Question

Why is Headset music stop/start so unpredictable

OK so I have a in-line mic with play/pause functionality for my Note 4 however I want to know if there is any way to fix the inconsistency in which app gets priory over the play/pause.

for example I have Pocket Casts, listen audio book player, spotify and goggle music player,

Now logicically if I'm listening to a podcast in pocket cast and I press the pause button it should stop playing which it does then if I press it again my podcast should start playing again. However Listen audiobook player will come instead. This also happens if I'm listen to an audiobook and spotify has been opened recently spotify will take over after pause and audiobook.

Has anyone else had this issue I'm assuming this is a problem with android or Samsung as this has been the case with all 3 android phones I've had note 1,3,4.

I've tried different headsets all have the same issue

Any help would be great thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why is Headset music stop/start so unpredictable

OK so I have a in-line mic with play/pause functionality for my Note 4 however I want to know if there is any way to fix the inconsistency in which app gets priory over the play/pause.

for example I have Pocket Casts, listen audio book player, spotify and goggle music player,

Now logicically if I'm listening to a podcast in pocket cast and I press the pause button it should stop playing which it does then if I press it again my podcast should start playing again. However Listen audiobook player will come instead. This also happens if I'm listen to an audiobook and spotify has been opened recently spotify will take over after pause and audiobook.

Has anyone else had this issue I'm assuming this is a problem with android or Samsung as this has been the case with all 3 android phones I've had note 1,3,4.

I've tried different headsets all have the same issue

Any help would be great thanks.

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like you need to make sure the other apps are closed all the way and not running in the background.