issue to connecting to corporate e-mail server

MParris86

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
OK so I had a corporate ActiveSync exchange e-mail account working perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S just fine yesterday...then when I tried to send something late in the day it got hung up in my outbox and a yellow banner popped up that said 'connecting to server.' However, it just stayed there without actually ever connecting. Incoming mail also did not arrive last night.

I waited about 8 hours and still nothing, so I first did a hard reset to no avail....so I ended up uninstalling and tried to reinstall. Unfortunately I have had no luck in doing so despite making 100% sure that all data was inputted correctly to add a corporate exchange account (i.e. domain/username, password, server). After putting in all this data and clicking 'next', it would take to the screen where it says 'checking incoming server settings' but after 10 seconds it would give me the error popup stating 'unable to connect to server.'

This sucks b/c our company's IT team will not fix any problems for employees since its a service that they allow on personal devices, not company-issued ones.

Do you think that this is a server issue or a phone issue? If its a phone issue, are there any settings on the actual phone, ActiveSync, etc. that perhaps might be the culprit. A firewall maybe?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you think that this is a server issue or a phone issue?
If it's a server issue it would affect everyone using that server. Seems like others would be complaining as well if that were the case. If no one else is griping then it's likely the device/app/user.

Unfortunately I have had no luck in doing so despite making 100% sure that all data was inputted correctly to add a corporate exchange account (i.e. domain/username, password, server).
Have you verified that the settings you're supplying are correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463