Can I delete MS apps from Galaxy J5?

JohnBoyCr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Can I delete MS apps from Galaxy J5

If I move the MS apps to the SD card can I then delete them, or will this cause system problems? Rooting the phone is not an option as the phone is still under warranty. I am getting really tired of receiving update notifications for bloatware that I am unlikely to use. Might use Skype but that's it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure it'll quite work like that since there's still a chunk of the app left in system memory if I recall correctly.

I would just try to disable them if you can.

JohnBoyCr

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that feedback. I imagine that the only way is to root the phone and uninstall the programs. I could care less about the apps being on the phone, what I really want to do is get rid of the annoying update notifications for the MS apps that I never use. Other than that the J5 seems to be a pretty darned nice phone.

Well, after further review I figured out how to stop the annoying update messages, which was what I was really looking to do. Just turn off the Mobile Data ! Since I don't have a data plan that was a no brainer. I can still connect via WIFI when, and if, I want. So that's it !

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance