I have the android MXQ it is a 4.4.2 android and I have the hdmi output to the tv. I just installed the TVMC 14.2 asp and I also have a XU07-S Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the sp jack. TVMC has more stuff than Kodi so I selected a music output and turned on my Bluetooth speaker and synced them . Great I had a remote Bluetooth speaker and the hdmi signal to the tv worked at the same time.
    Then I shut off the TV and the android box, the audio level of the speaker dropped a bit but after 20 minutes I was still getting an audio output from the tv box. My question does the android tv box turn off, the blue light on the box is out but it looks like it is on all the time and the Internet connection is on too. Do I have to unplug the box to break the Internet connection??
    01-29-2016 02:19 PM
    I have the android MXQ it is a 4.4.2 android and I have the hdmi output to the tv. I just installed the TVMC 14.2 asp and I also have a XU07-S Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the sp jack. TVMC has more stuff than Kodi so I selected a music output and turned on my Bluetooth speaker and synced them . Great I had a remote Bluetooth speaker and the hdmi signal to the tv worked at the same time.
    Then I shut off the TV and the android box, the audio level of the speaker dropped a bit but after 20 minutes I was still getting an audio output from the tv box. My question does the android tv box turn off, the blue light on the box is out but it looks like it is on all the time and the Internet connection is on too. Do I have to unplug the box to break the Internet connection??
    Welcome to Android Central!

You should have an option in the boxes menu to shut it down.
    02-04-2016 07:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

You should have an option in the boxes menu to shut it down.
    I am going through the same kind of issue; there is this power button in the remote control but that only makes the box stand by and not shut down like a regular Pc.

Moreover,I have this external HDD attached and I am worried sick, it might get destroyed if i shut off improperly.

Looking forward for advice on this, please.

Sincerely
    Naeem
    10-20-2016 11:19 AM
    If there is nothing doing any read or writes to the attached hard drive then you should not have any problems by pulling the plug. I have had lightning strikes that kill the power to hard drives and they always just boot back up when power is restored. Maybe I have been lucky.
    10-20-2016 11:46 AM
    If there is nothing doing any read or writes to the attached hard drive then you should not have any problems by pulling the plug. I have had lightning strikes that kill the power to hard drives and they always just boot back up when power is restored. Maybe I have been lucky.
    still the first question stands; does it ever shut down?
    10-21-2016 04:47 AM
    Just press and hold the power button on remote, until you see "Power Off" on screen. Select it and the box will shut down. Check if this solves your problem.
    02-03-2017 01:36 PM