I have an LG Optimus exceed 2 and I was wondering something.

I already have all the apps I can move to the SD card on it.

Am wondering why some apps cannot be moved like they could on my older android devices?

Sometimes just to get enough space for apps to update I have to force close facebook and delete all its data.

Also as I update apps the Facebook process will restart itself and start showing data being used. This last time it was 151MB.

Is there any way to get more of the apps on the sd card or is this a limitation of the OS or phone itself?

Interestingly enough I moved Facebook from the SD card back to the phone and it now says I have 365MB free.

I thought when I moved an app to the SD card it was going to the actual 16 GB SD card I have installed, but apparently not.
    01-29-2016 08:20 PM
    If you have an older phone that partitions its Internal Storage into a smaller App Storage area and a larger "Internal SD," and then you also insert a physical microSD card, it will look like there are two SD cards (Internal SD and External SD). In these situations, moving an app to SD actually moves the portion of that app to the Internal SD, not External. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html. This is a limitation of the firmware.

As for which apps can be moved to SD and which can't, that's a decision made by the app developers. Some developers may not want the app to take a performance hit, since SD cards have much slower read/write speeds than onboard eMMC memory. Others may have already found that moving apps to SD causes too many glitches.

It may still be possible to move these apps to SD, but you'd have to root the phone and use an app like Link2SD or App Mgr III.
    01-30-2016 02:53 AM