my phone doesn't show contacts, they are all saved on my sim card but will not show, this has only happened after an update which was done through samsung, i have a samsung s5 mini. i have also tried all of the normal options like show contacts from sim in the settings
    01-30-2016 07:48 AM
    Strongly suggest you give up on storing anything on the SIM.

First, you can only store names and numbers on the SIM. No email addresses, physical addresses, notes, photos - no other information.

Second, there are fewer and fewer phones that even have an option to use SIM storage. In a year or two SIM storage will be gone. SIM storage of contacts is an old, outdated, dying technology that should not be considered a viable option anymore.

Export your contacts from the SIM card as a .csv file and import the file to your Gmail contacts. From now on, always save contacts to your Google account. These are stored on the phone and synced to your Gmail account (unless sync is turned off).

You can include avatar photos, email addresses, physical addresses, notes, birthdays, business information, all kinds of additional info. This also provides automatic backup so contacts are not lost, online access and easy restoration to a new device.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    01-30-2016 08:08 AM