I just bought a Aluratek device that is a bedside clock and internet radio. What it really is, is a Android device with speakers. The overlaying interface is really crap. I can get to the underlying Android settings and see that it has 4.4.2 installed. It says it has firmware 2.1_20150209 and kernel 3.4.39.

What I would like to do is just wipe out the Aluratek interface and just start fresh with the Android base OS. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this, please?
    01-30-2016 03:34 PM
    You can't, actually. You'd need a pure Android ROM written for that particular device. (Or you'd have to pull the hardware interface from the existing ROM in the device, then compile Android using that as the hardware interface - which means having years of system development experience).

What you CAN do is install a different launcher. Many of us use Nova Launcher, but it's your choice. (There are enough free ones to keep you busy for a week installing, playing with them and installing a new one (uninstalling the one you don't like) - until you find one you can live with.

Then install an icon set you like, wallpaper you like, and it looks like a different device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2016 03:39 PM