Samsung Smart-tvs, when are they going to update and allow the Android market?

kronoso1979

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Smart-tvs

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might possibly think Samsung is ever going to update and allow the android market on their Smart-tvs.* I just purchased one in December that was manufactured in October of 2015.*

It is a 2015, 32 inch model.* It has youtube but the problem with the current version of the app is that there is sporadic glitches in the video.* The Netflix app however is flawless.*

In order to watch my Google shows and movies I have to mirror from my Galaxy S6.* Ten I have to max out the phone's volume and turn the television's volume up as well.* Otherwise, when I am not using any mirror function the volume works like a charm.**

Multiple calls to Samsung have not been answered regarding this issue, and even through their twitter feed they almost suggested I get a chromecast for my smart-tv.* Beyond that the issue remains unresolved.* So far all I can find on a Google support site, they admit it is an ongoing issue but remaining silent.*

I guess I am just wondering is there anything else I can really do besides mirroring or getting a chromecast for my smart tv?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Smart-tvs

Welcome to Android Central! I think that's highly unlikely. I would imagine that Android apps on smart TVs are so specialized that if they ever had access to Google Play, you'd see maybe 10 apps available to install.

Chromecasts are pretty darn cheap, so why not just spring for one? I saw a refurbished 1st gen Chromecast on Groupon for $20: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...oogle-chromecast-refurbished-8&token=C5pyDg9j