I have some problems using Speech to Text app, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

I have some problems using Speech to Text app

Using Speech to Text app, 1) after starting to speak, hardly a sentence gets transcribed before it flips back to the "tap to speak." How to lengthen this transcription period? 2) How do you move back through a sentence to a point of correction without deleting text? The only reverse seems to be the deletion arrow on the keyboard. 3) I see how to copy to clipboard, but how do I put that into a Word file on my computer?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have some problems using Speech to Text app

1. I just dictated 4 long paragraphs from a book. It lagged way behind me, but eventually caught up and there were no errors.

2. Manually tap just after the error, then use the delete key to delete the error, go back to the mice (or use the keyboard) and correct it.

3. You paste in Word (or any other app). If you want to be able to handle more than one copied item at a time, install an app like Clipper - Clipboard Manager - I use it quite often. Paste 4 or 5 things from different apps, switch back and forth between, say, Word and Clipper and you can paste whichever clip you want where you want it.

Androfile

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: I have some problems using Speech to Text app

Rukbat,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
However, I seem to have this set up wrong of something. It is not a problem of lag, it is a problem of complete flip back within less than five seconds to the stage where I must press the microphone icon again to get it recording again for a few seconds. I thought perhaps one was expected to keep holding the microphone down to keep connected but that did not help either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non