The only times i've damaged my phones were dropping onto concrete or tile floors. Which result in cracked screens. Does having a screen protector help with these accidents? I never used one. One time I just had a cheap case and the screen still cracked, the other time it was bare.
    02-02-2016 11:50 PM
    A good tempered-glass screen protector may shatter sacrificially, leaving the screen undamaged.
    Digital Rules likes this.
    02-02-2016 11:56 PM
    Yes it helps by absorbing some or all of the impact. It is very wise to use screen protector on every phone you have as it protects from scratches and small drops.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    Digital Rules and libra89 like this.
    02-03-2016 06:10 AM
    A tempered glass protector may shatter and save the screen - if the drop isn't too great - it's not designed for shock protection, but for scratch protection. (And they're inverse - the better the scratch resistance, the worse the shock resistance, and vice versa. A soft protector absorbs shock, a hard one won't scratch.)

What I've found to be the best combination is a case like the Otterbox or the Lifeproof, if they make one for your phone. I've had my phone in an Otterbox flung against a wall, dropped to a concrete floor face flat and other abuses, and nothing suffered, not the wall or floor, not the phone and not the case. (The silicone rubber protruding past the screen does the shock protection and the plastic screen cover does the scratch protection.) There are limits, of course. Fifty feet to concrete probably wouldn't do the phone any good. Nextel isn't making the i58 any more. (I've seen that one fall 12 stories and not show a scratch - after someone found the battery and battery cover.)
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-03-2016 06:05 PM
    Cool, thanks for the responses. I guess I'm getting a tempered glass for my next phone. Never thought about getting one because didnt think scratching was an issue anymore. The only scratch on a device i ever had was on my first gen video ipod.
    02-06-2016 03:41 AM