Adding extension to number in meeting?

A

AC Question

Adding extension to number in meeting

Hi I saw the post on how to add an extension to a phone number so it automatically dials the extension without asking by adding #(, to the contact phone number in between the number and the extension. My problem is that I click on conference calls and want it to dial the extension automatically. Adding #(, does not work in this case.
Neither does "," or "#" or ";". It still prompts me as to whether I want to dial the extension.

Anyone have any ideas.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, can you clarify the question? I'm not sure what you mean by clicking on conference calls. Do you mean that you want to automatically a conference call-in number that includes the passcode?

Which phone do you have? Have you tried substituting "p" and "w" for "," and "#"?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Unfortunately not all automated systems are the same, and not all combinations work. The only 'key' element here would be the wait command, or ' , '. All other keys will act just like any other key on your phone and may prompt action from the system you're calling. The wait, or pause, just adds that, a pause (usually 2 seconds) to allow the system to respond.

Now, what can you do? Try to figure out how your system works. If there's a welcome message, you may need to wait until said message is done before you can input an extension, in which case you should add as many -pauses- as necessary. Some systems require a '#' key after the extension to recognize it, some don't.

If the system were standard, dialing the number for the commuter, adding a wait command, and then adding the extension number should work, but if it's not working for you, then the number you're dialing is definitely not standard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, some phones allow you to turn DTMF tones on or off, and adjust their duration. Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings, and look for an option for DTMF tones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21