New Floating button on home screen locks phone completely, how can I get it out of this mode?

A

AC Question

New Floating button on home screen locks phone completely

Just recently a new floating button has appeared on my home screen and I am not sure how it got there. It looks like a picture of a phone with the wifi type lines on top. When you press the button, the phone display dims and then I cannot do anything on the phone. And i mean anything. I cannot draw the unlock pattern, cannot open up any notifications, or even press the power off/restart options after holding down the power button. Absolutely nothing. The entire screen except for the top title bar is dimmed. I have to take the battery out to restart. I have tried a number of combinations but nothing seems to get the phone out of this mode. I have no clue what this button is nor where it came from.

Any ideas??

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Floating button on home screen locks phone completely

It's a known issue affecting many users. The culprit is an app called Peel Smart Remote. Try this. Restart the phone with a battery pull, search for this app in your app manager and disable it. Tell us how it goes.

freshiedoug

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site

YES! That was the culprit. Uninstalled Peel and the button went away. Why why why would they even release something that would screw up a phone like that AND when it is an app that is pretty much useless.

Thanks Javier!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Glad it helped! Thanks for registering and the follow up. Welcome to the forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12