Phone has been constantly awake for nearly a day. What can I do?

oj7u6

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Phone has been constantly awake for nearly a day.

Hello there,
I'm new to android with the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (based on the ZTE Blade S6 Plus) being my first. It's currently running 5.1.1.

I basically use my phone as a tablet to browse the internet and watch youtube videos on WiFi without a simcard so my battery lasts quite a while. When the phone is not in use it'll only lose about 9-10% a day.

The issue that I'm having is that after charging my phone in the morning yesterday to 100% and only using it to watch one 10 minute youtube video the battery has come down to 60% ( in less than 24 hours). I checked the usage statistics and even though the percentages of the program usage is low I noticed that it's been constantly awake (and still is). I currently have a standby of 1 day and 13 hours when it should be at least 5 days.

The only notable thing that happened yesterday was that a couple of google apps updated themselves so I was thinking if it was a 'wakelock' issue from one of the updated apps. I know that there is an app to check if this is the case but the phone needs to be rooted and I really don't want to.

I really hope someone can help.
Thanks for reading.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Phone has been constantly awake for nearly a day.

Welcome. :)

Have you tried a Power Off and Restart?

oj7u6

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Ok, that did the trick. Thank you : )
Can't believe that I didn't think to turn it off and back on again. It's the number one rule.

I've never turned it off since I received it so I guess I forgot that the thing can even be turned off.