CMW Android backups?

A

AC Question

CMW nandroid backups

Hi!
I have installed CMW recovery and I'm going to install OmniROM 5.1.1 using it.
So, i want to ask:
If I do full nandroid backup and installing fails, will CMW 100% sure restore tge backup??? I want to this process be safer as posible...
P.S. Do OmniROM (at least) 99% sure install on my phone?
Specifications:
•Samsung galaxy SIII mini (GT-I8190N)
•ROOT, CMW X-posed
•[Stock] 4.1.2 jelly bean
Thanks for everyone who would help me!;-)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: CMW nandroid backups

If I do full nandroid backup and installing fails, will CMW 100% sure restore tge backup??? I want to this process be safer as posible...
Assuming the backup is good and CWM doesn't blow up, yes. I have a hard drive full of different backups that I switch between (using TWRP, not CWM, but that's because I have a locked bootloader, so I can't use CWM). I never make any major change without making a backup first. (I've made some real mistakes - like flashing a keyboard as a ROM - instant brick. Restored the backup, flashed the keyboard the right way and wasted 5 minutes due to stupidity - not blew the phone and had to buy a new one.) I even keep old backups - in case I decide that I changed my mind out using one. (I still have a Note 4 port for my Note 3. I may flash it again some day.)

Backups with CWM or TWRP are great thing to have. Back up the ROM, play with it and, if you mess it up, just restore it and don't make the same stupid mistake again. (Making a stupid mistake is a good thing - if you learn from it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon