Hi,

I have 2 xperia phones and I'm using native e-mail client. On the old one I have a POP3 e-mail account. I want to know what possibilities I have to move received e-mails to my new phone.
    I can think to try to find where stock e-mail app store the messages and than to copy that file to the same location on the new phone, but I don't know where e-mails are stored

Does anyone know/suggest other way to do it?

Thank you
    02-10-2016 04:58 AM
    You would have to root both phones to transfer the email file. Even if you did I doubt it would work. You would have to transfer all configuration files also and you would lose anything in the email app of the 2nd phone.

If it was IMAP there would be no problem. Backup apps don't do email. Being a POP3 account the only thing I can think of is to forward the email you want to keep to the other phone.

I'd check to see if you can convert that account to IMAP.
    02-10-2016 05:57 AM
    If the emails are still on the server (check using a web browser and going to the email account's page), convert the account to IMAP (still on that site). Then install the account on the new phone as an IMAP account.

There are PC email programs that can back up emails (as emails, not as text files - that's easy), but there's no equivalent for a phone (due to the way phones store emails).
    02-11-2016 07:13 PM