Can an sd card be infected by a virus?

A

AC Question

Can a sd card be infected by a virus.

Have a Cubot p9 mobile that's around 2 years old it has just become riddled with a virus that keeps draining battery running apps & down loading various crap including strange apps from china

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can a sd card be infected by a virus.

Welcome to Android Central! It's possible, but it's more likely that the malware is on the phone's internal storage. Does that behavior persist after a factory reset, keeping the SD card out of the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If malware installed itself to the root, then a factory reset may not actually get rid of it as well (which would be another reason why it seems to keep coming back). I believe that would require reinstalling the firmware.

Rainmon

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had a similar issue and did 4 factory resets on my Alcatel OneTouch Flash, now it seems to be running well (touch wood) but have removed the SD card. Now I have put the sd card in my computer and reformatted it, so I am contemplating whether I should put it back in or look into rooting the phone. Does anyone know if a virus has attached itself at the root level if rooting will allow you to remove it or what the best solution is to confirm or resolve?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87