Wireless Charging hardware question

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you unplug your wireless phone charger when your phone is not on it?

Instructions say to do this but I'd rather keep it plugged in.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about a year - maybe more. The only time it wasn't powered was when we had a power failure. I just put my hand on it - it's cold. (It gets warm when it's in use.) Plugging it in every time you use it will probably kill the USB connector faster than leaving it plugged in will.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much every manufacturer instructs you to unplug anything when not in use. Chargers, tv's, stereos, etc. It's part of the whole green movement, where they don't like even the small amount of power they consume when powered off.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much every manufacturer instructs you to unplug anything when not in use. Chargers, tv's, stereos, etc. It's part of the whole green movement, where they don't like even the small amount of power they consume when powered off.

Green movement and liability. If it's not plugged in it can't randomly start a fire or otherwise cause damage to the furniture it's on or any surrounding objects.

Love how a DVR, which is intended to automatically record, comes with the same warning. How is it supposed to record if it's not plugged in?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Love how a DVR, which is intended to automatically record, comes with the same warning. How is it supposed to record if it's not plugged in?

Yeah, I think some common sense is needed here. Obviously something like a DVR can't do its job if its not plugged in. I always unplug chargers and the like when I'm not using them so I don't consume any more electrical power than necessary. I suppose everyone will have their own idea of what common sense constitutes. Having to run around the house and plug in all your stuff when you got home would be a major pain. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo