I have an AT&T S6 edge. I have been using the fingerprint reader for security for almost a year with no problems. Two days ago I put my phone in my pocket and later that night pulled it out and it was dead. Charged it up and put my finger on it and it didn't recognize my fingerprint. Tried many times. I'm sure I have a pin but I haven't used it in probably 10 months and have no idea what it is. After trying and failing it eventually gives the option to log in with my google account to unlock the phone. I'm entering my gmail address and password and it keeps telling me it is not valid log in info when I know it is. I know I can hard reset but I don't want to lose all my data if I don't have too....looking at that as a last resort. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to get the phone unlocked? I do have two step verification enabled on my google account if that matters but that shouldn't matter on this phone as I already logged in with the two step verification before this happened. Just looking for any ideas so I can hopefully avoid a hard reset. Thanks.
    02-16-2016 01:26 PM
    I've never used it but you might try Android Device Manager. I know you say your phone wouldn't take your google login, but might be good to give it a go.
    02-16-2016 01:34 PM