Different tones for texts?

coclouse

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi I am sorry if this question has been asked already, I searched and didn't come up with anything. Coming from Blackberry I got used to having the ability to have different notification ringtones for different contacts. Is there a way to have different text ringtones for different contacts on my DROID? Or maybe even different ringtones for pix messages? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've had my DROID for a whole 2 hrs now, but so far I LOVE it, will never own another Blackberry again!!

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
coclouse, I'm a BB convert as well and have begun to use an app called "Profiles", it can be found in the Android Market. This is similar (though not QUITE as good) as the Profiles we knew on the BB platform. You can create custom profiles, and within that, set a different tone for different types of notifications. Hope this helps do what you're looking for!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There's a "messaging" replacement app called Handcent - you can download it for free in market. It replaces the stock messaging app (which is Android speak for SMS and MMS)

This app allows custom notifications and custom LED colors per contact. It's threaded with iphone like bubbles and completely customizeable for colors and fonts -- plus... did I mention, FREE!

Also check out an app call "missed call" in market -- more customizing for LED colors (for for calls)