Restore SMS messages to phone?

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset, thereby loosing all my SMS messages on the Droid. I did back them up to gmail using SMS Backup. Is there any way to restore them to the phone?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think SMS Backup has a restore option. There are however, other apps out there that will backup/restore.

didn't even know there was as "sms backup" option, good info there.

Question: without restore capabilities, what good is the backup? can you just read them on your PC, or what?

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
didn't even know there was as "sms backup" option, good info there.

Question: without restore capabilities, what good is the backup? can you just read them on your PC, or what?

"SMS Backup" backs it up to your email under the label SMS. You can read it through your gmail app or on the computer. It looks organized as well. There is another app called "SMS Backup & Restore" I haven't tried it but it has good ratings. I'm guessing it backs it up into another file format then restores it when needed.

susanyloanen

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: restore SMS messages to phone?

You could restore you android backup and use an SMS backup tool. And I think there is a way to pull the messages from the backup. I'm going to look as I have a failed backup for a while and would like to restore them.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: restore SMS messages to phone?

SMS Backup & Restore from the Google Play Store is the best option. You can backup, then review them and chose which and what you want to restore. Also has password protection on your backups if you like.

And doesn't require root :)

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Super Backup is also a good app that backups both SMS & MMS. SMS Backup & Restore is good, but does not backup the MMS or pictures. SMS Backup + will backup your Text Messages to Google, which will then be accessible in your Gmail app under a folder labeled SMS.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SMS Backup by Studer or SMS Backup and Restore by Carbonite? The latter does restore - I just used it this morning to restore from a cloud backup after a new ROM install.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech