problems with VPN connection

lhite

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
i am trying to configure a VPN on my Android (v5.0) phone. i can successfully create the VPN via SETTINGS | MORE NETWORKS | VPN | BASIC VPN, and all works fine. i can connect and disconnect as needed. however, if at some point i disable the screen lock on my phone, the VPN is deleted and in order to use it i have to re-create it from scratch.

this makes no sense to me. why should the use of a VPN be dependent on having screen lock enabled? and more importantly, why is my VPN configuration being deleted when i happen to turn screen lock off?

is there anyway around this? am i doing something wrong????

jeffreames

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I think with the VPN , more security, it auto defaults to make the security even stronger. If you want VPN then the pass lock should make you feel even more secure. Hope this helps !

Posted via the Android Central App

lhite

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
i hear what you are saying, but the purpose of the screen lock is to secure your cell phone and the data on it. the purpose of the VPN is to secure internet connections. those are apples and oranges, totally different functions and totally independent of each other. wanting one and not the other is very reasonable.

and even if somehow you decide that the VPN should be dependent on the lock screen, then just disable access to the VPN when lock screen is off. deleting the VPN makes no sense whatsoever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara