New comer to Android, liking it very much so far.. here is the sticky widget:

I want to convert some of my old Treo 755p ringtones, which are stored as .pdb files, to use on the android.

A quick google search lead me to several sites such as forums.techguy.org/multimedia/877989-convert-palm-pdb-file-windows.html However, when I run the specified Clie Coverter, I get the below error:

Clie Picture Converter run time error 6 overflow

And I get a zero length .jpg file, and thus can't continue with the process.

Any help in either a) getting the Clie to run, or b) An alternative way to get those .pdb files into something useable by android?
    --
    Dr. Megabyte, aka Mark Sunderlin
    Palm IIIx -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> HTC Hero(!)
    02-03-2010 10:15 AM
    Not to challenge you, but are sure the ringtones are Palm database files, and not standard sound files like .wav or .mp3?
    02-03-2010 11:36 AM
    NP, its a good question.

Well, the have an extension of .pdb ... and renaming them to just .mp3 or .wav does not make them playable .....
    02-03-2010 11:52 AM
    Shot in the dark here, as I don't know much about this stuff, but have you tried to import the file into Audacity? It's a free program I use for my editing stuff, but not sure if it supports pdb files.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
    02-03-2010 07:42 PM
    just got my evo and wondering how to get my old .pdb ringtones off my treo...
    06-16-2010 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD