How do I close the new version of Pandora on my Galaxy S3?

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I used to be able to quit Pandora easily. However, I am now unable to do so with the new version. I contacted Pandora, but I am not able to locate the "X" referenced in the e-mail from Pandora below. Also, where do I find the "recent apps" menu? Finally, to be clear, is the notification shade the menu I am able to pull down at the top of the screen?

"Now that you can easily quit apps using Recent Apps or your notification shade, in-app Quit buttons have been removed from all Android apps.

You can still exit the app by navigating to the Recent Apps menu and finding Pandora by scrolling up from the bottom. Then, press the "X" on the top right of the Pandora app, or tap and hold Pandora and swipe it to the right.

You can also close the app while Pandora is in the background by opening the notification shade, using a "swipe-down" gesture from the top of your screen. Scroll down to the Pandora notification box and tap the "X" on the top right corner to close the app.

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- simply leave Pandora "paused" instead. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the "pause" button and exit the app."

Thanks.

charlesxy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I actually found out that by holding the home key, the recent apps option will then open up. I can then close Pandora by swiping the application icon to the right.

Mike Glinzak

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Worked perfectly on my wife's S3 and now I look like a hero! I have an LG G2 which works differently, so a quick "How to" is much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech