Phone (Kata I3s) won't turn on or charge?Help.what do I do?

A

AC Question

Phone (Kata I3s) won't turn on or charge!!??Help..

My phone was working well a month ago not until I installed clash of

clan on it. I also installed a couple of apps that seems to be causing

my phone to overheat. Everytime I play COC, it would suddenly crash and

would shut down unexpectedly then it would tun on on its on.I tried

updating its android version because i thought it would solve the

problem. Works fine that night but on the next day my phone was stuck on

its logo screen. To make the long story short, i have it fix and the

shop told me it was caused by some virus. Few days later, while I was

using my phone, the same thing happened again. My phone shuts itself

then it would turn on its own again. I thought It was no big deal and I

decided not to do anything. But one day, while my friends were using my

phone to take some pictures, it shuts down then turned it self on again.

I examined it for a bit and it was a little hot. The next thing I knew

the screen went laggy then it shuts down completely, this time it didn't

work the same as before. When I got home i tried plugging it. But

nothing happened. I pulled out the battery for more than 30 min. then

put it back again. I tried charging it for hours, still nothing. Its

been a week and I really need your help!! Hard reset doesnt work and i

dont really know the cause..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone (Kata I3s) won't turn on or charge!!??Help..

Welcome to Android Central! Are you installing apps from Google Play Store only, or from other sources? If you're only using the Play Store, malware is unlikely--but if you're using 3rd party sources, then the risk of malware does go up significantly.

In general, though, I'd suspect that your phone's firmware is corrupt, or the motherboard is failing. There may not be much you can do about that. Is the phone still under warranty?

Eirelav_Hearts

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

All of my apps were from Google Play only. Warranty is out of my reach for some reasons.So my only option is to have it fix again by the cell phone repair shop. Is there any chance that it could still work again? Thanks for answering :)

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

If it's a corrupted firmware problem, it can be fixed. If the motherboard is failing, not much you can do there. Time to look at replacement options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with AlphaTango414. The challenges with reinstalling the firmware on a relatively uncommon phone like yours are (a) finding a way to root the phone, and (b) finding the stock ROM to reinstall. Try searching the forums at xda-developers.com.

Eirelav_Hearts

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I see. I'll try doing some research about it. By the way, when i tried charging the phone, it seems to be getting a little warmer. Just like the normal temperature when I charge it back when it was still working during the past month but the screen isn't responding. Is it a sign of a firmware problem or on the phones motherboard itself? Thanks again..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A faulty battery can heat up excessively if you try to charge it. It might also explain at least some of the issues you've been having, so it may be worth replacing the battery. Is it user-removable? If not, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop to replace it, or try to open the phone yourself.

Eirelav_Hearts

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It's a removable battery so It's worth a try.. I have decided to have it repaired by the shop. If it doesn't go we'll then replacement is my option. I really appreciate your help. Thanks :)

alexisroy830

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
hi, i have the same problem with my kata i4. it's been with me for 2 years and i'm having the same experience? what could possibly be wrong when you had your unit checked for repair last year? motherboard failure, the battery, or the firmware corruption? my phone has a built-in battery.

when i charge the cellphone, it displayed 100% but when i open some applications like facebook, and some fb video clips, it crashes. also, when it reached like 70% battery life, it crashes and my only remedy right now is to plug it to a power source to avoid crashing. when i take pictures with the camera, after some few shots, it crashes. someone help me on this. thanks!:eek::eek::eek::eek: