Scroll (on PC) through pictures stored on phone, connected by USB?

A

AC Question

When I connect my phone by USB cable to a Windows 8 PC, I can find the phone's pictures in a DCIM folder on the phone, and view them one at a time on the PC -- no prob. However, in my PC image viewing program (normally Irfanview), clicking the Next button will not take me to the next image in the phone's DCIM folder, as would happen if the images were on a flash drive. Instead, I get the next image in the PC's temp folder (Users/MyName/AppData/Local/Temp). Similarly, if I try to view thumbnails of all images in the DCIM folder, I instead see other images from the PC's temp folder. This limitation has appeared with different Android versions and phones, which makes me think it is a built-in issue with the way Windows sees the contents of the attached Android device. Is there some technique, or alternate program, that would let me scroll through the DCIM folder (or view thumbnails of the whole folder at once) on the PC, much as I would if the pictures were on an attached flash drive instead of a phone? Thanks for any tips on this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is it connected as an MTP device? If so, try changing it to PTP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX