Why my apps are not updating?

A

AC Question

When i am updating my apps. It is not update it shows error. Each apps shows new error what can i do

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is this with Google Play Store, or some other app store? Does it happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Pukat

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll weigh in on this. Have 3 androids, 2 are having same problem. None have ever been rooted.
AT&T Note 5 (no external SD card), Android 5.1.1 is not affected.

AT&T Galaxy S5 Active and WiFi Samsung TabPro 12.2, both running Android 5.1.1, both with SD card and apps moved to SD are having this problem.

Automatic updates are not installing from the Google Play store. No other stores have been accessed except Samsung direct downloads from the Galaxy Apps app.

Google Play indicates updates to be installed. Go to the Play store, click "Update all" and click the appropriate access approved for the apps that need approvals. Download begins. Download finishes and restarts, sometimes several times. Eventually finishes downloading and starts installing. Never finishes install, eventually gives Error 963. Have followed the store's instructions for troubleshooting the error with no luck. Only thing that has worked so far has been to uninstall the app needing updating and reinstall it. Have cleared caches and data on Play store and download manager, have rebooted WIFI router. This happens with wifi and 4gLTE both.

Any suggestions other than a hard reset to factory defaults?

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
That won't help. There is a play store issue. Please see other threads on this subject.
One thing I would suggest doing is calling Google help line to complain that they fix this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pukat

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Wonder why it's not affecting my Note 5... Haven't found any other threads on the issue pointing to a Play store issue. Can you provide links please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781