Cannot identify Apps

Paul Hilling

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Some of my old apps did not come over to my new Nexus 5x and I cannot find them in Play Store or elsewhere. For example, many recording apps have the same name so I ended up trying to ID this app by looking for the same icon but also failed. App Info in my old Jelly Bean Samsung SII does not provide any other useful info.
But if I open "Voice Recorder" at any point after restart, use it, close it, and then go to Settings/Application Manager, scroll right to the list of "running" apps, Voice Recorder shows up in that list. I then select and scroll to the bottom of the "Active App" page and see this: com.sec.android.app.voicerecorder. However, I do not know how to use this info; I suspect it may be the location where the app resides on the phone itself.
I note that in my 5x Marshmallow device, there is no such "running apps" list and I also do not see any ID for apps in Settings/Apps; only some apps have a help menu that may or may not provide info on how to ID the app. What am I missing?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
com.sec.android.app.voicerecorder
This is a system app and it won't be on every phone. It all depends on the manufacture, model, etc. You will not find this in Playstore and it's not transferable unless someone ported it, which requires root to install and use it.

As far as "running apps" and where they are on your phone, I have no idea as I don't own a Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy