Hi to all.

I'm having no luck transmitting 'OSC' control messages from either my Hauwei Ascend G7 phone or Asus MemoPad 7" to my Macbook Pro 2011.

I'm using the music programming tool, 'Csound' to do this. I am using the Csound android app to send messages to Csound on my Macbook.

My code is set up correctly with the correct IP address and port names etc.... but it seems I cannot send OSC messages. I have tried this over my home Wifi, my school wifi and by using another cellphone as a hotspot. No joy.

A strange thing though, is that I have in fact only had success using my partner's phone and only over the home wifi. She also has the exact same phone, a Hauwei Ascend G7. I have set up my own phone settings the exact same way and it still does not work like hers.

One thing to note is that when I send info from her phone, I can see the arrow icons appearing next to the wifi icon at the top of her screen, indicating that information is being transmitted. On my own phone/tablet there is no such indication icon of anything being transmitted, which leads me to believe that it is an issue with the settings on the phone itself.

I am not aware that any firewall is in existence on my phone that would be different from hers?

Any help here from someone familiar with OSC would be much appreciated

Many thanks!
    03-09-2016 07:31 AM