How can I use other sim cards on my LG Verizon Transpyer vs810pp KitKat 4.4.2?

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
How can i use other sim card on my lg verizon transpyer vs810pp kitkat 4.4.2 ????

i have a lg verizon transpyer vs810pp locked to verizon wierless, i want to unlock it to use other sim card on it, i rooted it using "kingo root" but i don't know what i supposed to do? and if i want to use a code on dial pad like *#06# does't show my the IMEI ( i can find the IMEI in setting/about phone/status), but why does't show my the IMEI when i type *#06# on dial pad? i want to sell the phone but i should unlock it first please help me . and one more thing,,,,, if i unlock the phone, is it lock again when i do "factory reset"??? ////////////// thanks!!!!!!!!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can i use other sim card on my lg verizon transpyer vs810pp kitkat 4.4.2 ????

The "problem" with older Verizon devices is that they just didn't contain the radios needed for other networks. Looking at the specs, you likely will not be able to go to other networks with your phone.

BTW, root isn't needed to SIM-unlock a device.

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: How can i use other sim card on my lg verizon transpyer vs810pp kitkat 4.4.2 ????

Does this mean that there is no solution, and what is ;radio for other networks is that a hardware or software

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

It's actually hardware. Yes, it means that the device just will not work with another carrier. Many newer devices contain the hardware needed to connect to those other networks.

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

Do you mean that I can not do anything and there is no solution;;;;;;;( please help me):(

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Here are the specs for the phone: LG Transpyre specs

Under the technology section, the frequencies are Verizon frequencies/technologies, nothing else. The phone would need to support frequencies for other carriers in order for it to work on them. It's a hardware limitation, sorry to break it to you.

Unfortunately, this happens with older, inexpensive devices.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I don't know anything about the dialer codes like that. Sorry.