iphone or thunderbolt..... need your opinion thank you

grimreaper89

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So here's the deal i am curretly eligible for an early upgrade and i currently own the motorola droid. The reason why im looking into upgrading my phone is that the right side of the screen on my droid does not work, my speakers does not work well, my warranty is also up, and also my battery dies within 5-6 hours. What i'm looking for in a phone are the capablities to: text moderately, at least a full day of use, youtube every now and then, have my emails pushed to my phone

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I would say get the thunderbolt because you are already on android and why get the current iPhone when iPhone 5 will be out I'm June/July? Plus in my opinion android is far superior to ios! Plus with gmail you should be able to get all of your contacts with out having to use iTunes.

Hth,
Charlie

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: grimreaper89

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not believe that the battery time has been listed for the Thunderbolt and in fact according to Android Central, there is a battery issue with the phone that has delayed its release.

With that said, the higher end Android phones, EVO, EPIC, DINC and others all seem to have issues with heavy use and battery. Moderate to heavy use has yielded 12-18 hrs of battery time though those who have rooted and installed a custom ROM have seen better battery life.

I personally go about 36 hours with light to moderate use but I have an extended battery.

The big question is what features and apps will you be using? The Thunderbolt is I believe a 4G LTE phone and if you have that turned on you will drain the battery at a faster rate. If you play video all day the same will be true.

Doc

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Even if the phone doesn't last you as long as you like, a few weeks or so, extended batteries will surface and that will help out.

esper.knight

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Options

Hi.

A little OT but my Incredible with aftermarket battery (3500mah) gets about 3+ days with light to moderate usage. A full day with heavy usage. I travel and often times use the phone through the flight (3+ hours) and then use it for gps navigation at my location (1 hour plus) and still get to the hotel with over half battery.

My suggestion, whatever you get, make sure it has a protective case you like and aftermarket batteries available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol