What motorola phones will get froyo?

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I wasnt so sure where to post this but if it doesnt belong here please move it thank you. So I have a Motorola Cliq and I've seen 4 old motorola android phones not getting updated to froyo, which are the Charm, Flipout, Cliq XT, and the i1, so my question is does anyone know of any motorola phones not getting 2.2? And most importantly does this mean the Cliq will get 2.2 or 2.3?
Sorry for the Charm, Flipout, Cliq XT and i1 owners.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Based on how Motorola has been handling their device updates I would have to say that the Original Droid was and will be the only Motorola device (pre Droid X and Droid 2) that received the 2.2 update. This most likely has to do with Motoblur because that is the only main difference between the OG Droid and all of the other devices. I don't think the Cliq will most likely never get updated past what has already been officially pushed. Though un-officially you can probably find a Cyanogen Rom to flash if you have a rooted Cliq. There might even be a Gingerbread Rom available (I haven't checked).

(EDIT: I moved this to the help and how to section because it is the only section I could think of where it would fit)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol