Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a personal VPN but I cannot seem to successfully do it. I have two routers, one running DDWRT with PPTP type VPN, and one Nighthawk x6 that has OPENVPN. OpenVPN does not seem to be compatible with android (something about TAP interface) and I cannot get the PPTP VPN to work.

I currently am using cheap free VPN apps, but they are terrible. I simply want the feature for better WiFi calling in an area that I have a dead spot. Can someone suggest a good tutorial or better reading information to make a personal VPN? I tired very hard to follow the "howtogeek" website vpn tutorial, but could not get it to work.

Thank you for the help!
    03-15-2016 08:37 AM
    A note: A VPN won't help cover a dead spot - if anything, it'll make coverage a db or two "weaker".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2016 12:03 PM
    Am using the guidance in http://www.vpngate.net/en, seems to work a treat and all without an App.
    Was considering OpenVPN Connect but elected not to.
    Speeds have definitely been affected.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 06:42 PM
    Initially when I heard about VPN some years ago, I started using some free VPNs for me they worked fine and let me access the blocked content from my country but as time passes it was not enough for me so I opt for some premium VPN for my android especially for Netflix, after the crackdown I had to switch many VPNs in search of one which can actually work over Netflix networks but was looking for some affordable VPN, but that was only a dream so far
    08-20-2016 03:08 PM