I rooted my droid because i heard somewhere you can delete all of the crap your carrier preloads your phone with. now if this can be done, how?
    and what exactly else can i do?
    03-05-2011 03:53 PM
    I rooted my droid because i heard somewhere you can delete all of the crap your carrier preloads your phone with. now if this can be done, how?
    I recently rooted my phone for this purpose as well. I would not delete any "Bloatware" because it prevents you from getting further updates. I did however download Titanium Backup which has a "Freeze" feature which essentially freezes the bloatware and also removes it from showing in the app tray. When an update is released just "unfreeze" bloat to be able to get updates without a hitch.
    03-05-2011 04:31 PM
    Which phone do you have? Check out the forums on that phone and read the rooting guide and tips and tricks. There's a lot of info here and AC is a great community.

Welcome aboard!
    03-06-2011 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD