Hello.

I have a Galaxy 10.1 tablet (SHW-M380W) with 4.0.4.

I would like to sign in to YouTube and Play Store ONLY, but the device automatically signs in to other services related to my Google account such as Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, etc. I only want YouTube and Play Store logged in on this device...

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks in advance.
    03-19-2016 06:18 PM
    I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm afraid that is not possible.
    When you connect your android device with your google account, this account is used for all google applications.
    03-20-2016 06:41 AM
    You may be able to log into the web views of those services. But this will require you to not be signed into the account via the tablet and you won't have access to many services. Also, by doing that, you won't be able to download or install apps to the tablet.

Any particular reason why you don't want to sign into the account?
    03-20-2016 10:59 AM
    I don't think there's any way to do this. I've had a YT channel for a ~decade+ before Google acquired. Google wants to take your personal www usage and auto-propegate it all over their ecosystem. All those permissions you have to grant for anything Google... thats what Google does with it. Its a pain though, and not everyone wants to tie their YT usage together with their www usage and vise versa.

One time my daughter had excessive earwax on one ear. I was searching YT for remedies, watching earwax extraction how-to videos etc. Next thing I know Google took that information and splurged it all over my various Google stuff and at that point I get inundated with all kind of human anatomical grotesqueries. Everything from femenine hygene, to ingrown toe-nails, to zit and blackead stuff.... UGH.

Another time my daughter was www surfing hatsune miku and hello kitty stuff under my account (which I let her do with light supervision). Next time I log into YT, gone are all my flossy carter and Erica griffen centric stuff and instead I am greeted with all this girly-girl, poofy-pinky stuff.

So... my solution has been to revert everything YT back to my original channel account from 15 years ago, under that email address... and keep the two worlds distinctly apart.
    03-20-2016 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I share the tablet with someone else as a media device, so I don't want my private information such as mails, files stored in Drive, etc. displayed on my tablet...

I guess I will have to manually search all my subscriptions!

Again, I appreciate all your helpful replies.
    03-21-2016 01:54 PM