How do I keep Word documents synced if Word for Android isn't up to the job?

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I do quite a bit of writing, which I keep in long MS Word documents. I need to keep these documents synced between my Android phone and Windows. The catch is that I make heavy use of comments to review my writing and navigate through it.

Google Drive will only open documents in Google Docs, which doesn't support comments at all. MS Word for Android does sync to OneDrive, and does support comments up to a point, however the comments aren't displayed properly (you have to press on each one to view it), which makes it useless for my purposes. WPS Office for Android is a great app to use, and supports comments exactly how I want to use them, but it doesn't sync to any cloud storage, meaning that I have to share each edited document to the cloud as if it is a new document, which can only end in disaster.

Is there any way I can sync my Word documents from Android to other devices while still being able to work with a word processing app that fully supports comments?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding the same problems as you. Android has made it much harder than necessary to actually do real work like using MS Word or Excel or Quickbooks. I know some have used an android tablet with larger screen to do MS stuff but you have to buy a subscription from Microsoft in order to print or save a document. (At least on my 12 inch Samsung tablet). If that works for you, then you should be able to sync your docs using OneDrive.

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My real problem though is with using comments. Unlike WPS Office for Android, Word for Android doesn't make comments automatically visible, which is what I need to review and make sense of what I have written. So even though it is possible to sync with the free version of Word using OneDrive, I can't actually work with my documents in the way I need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech